Skin Food | Ever heard, “You are what you eat”?
Skin Food? Ever felt like pigging out on some unhealthy food and had veggies instead? How well do you handle your cravings?
Skin Food- Well, I could easily tell you I was once a UK size 16 because of superficial reasons. It was easy to tread on that path because, Lord knows, Food is good and the unhealthy ones seem to taste the yummiest of all.
The Vegan? I would wonder why I should anyone would put themselves through the “greens”..when you’re not a cattle
A few years down the line, the repercussions were huge. It felt like karma and I still pay for it. Stretch marks were the least of them, and now, look who’s victorious…
It’s 2017 guys, I know the awareness of healthy living is now a habit but it can not be over emphasised.
What’s on your plate?
As important as what you put on your skin, what you put on your plate is a reflection of your life style. You know you are allowed to eat whatever you want, but I would always say, “everything in moderation”. How bad do you want a truly fabulous, radiant and young-looking, supple skin? I know I want it SO bad.
Here’s what to do-
- Always ensure you’re putting foods for healthy skin on your plate. Simultaneously fixing the inside and radiating like the universe was created for your glory. When you eat right, the skin feels great, it radiates. And you? You would feel so amazing, no one can stop your shine. Talk about mental, emotional & psychology wholesomeness. You don’t need no Iyanla (Fix your life)! Ha!!
- “Everything you eat becomes a part of not only your inner being, but the outer fabric of your body as well. The healthier the foods are that you consume, the better your skin will look,” says Samantha Heller, MS, RD, a clinical nutritionist at NYU Medical Center in New York City.
In the quest of getting that flawless skin, the exact opposite would be the case when you don’t eat right. Not to mention a few health cares, your skin will beg you. Do you know if you starve your skin long enough, it’s going to show? I remember the first time I tried to lose a few pounds without incorporating any healthy diet. You know the hardcore diet plan of starving? Guess what? I lost so much weight and I looked so unhealthy and unwell. Dry skin. Sallow skin. Sunken eyes. Dizziness. It was a mess!! When your diet is missing certain foods for healthy skin, serious health and skin problems are then on the menu of the day!SkinFoods, SkinCool
Ever heard of a balanced diet? I would say a balanced diet consists of having all the classes of food in the right proportion. Thanks to NHS for a fantastic article on a balanced diet. You might want to
- exercise portion control
- enjoy low fat dairy products, well except you are diabetic (then please indulge in rich diary products)
- get a bit more active during the day (sun screens are your best friends) to get that heart pumping at a good rate
- enjoy a burst of vitamins. Do not..do not forget your vitamins. These are very important for all skin types and all age groups. Berries and plums are high antioxidants. The antioxidants and other phytochemicals in these fruits can protect the cell and vitamins works wonders. Quote me!
- hydrate. Good clean water, guys!! I can not say this enough. Leave those sodas and drink thee more water, ok?
- Cut down majorly on sugar, fats and salt. Well except you’re making your body scrubs to exfoliate the skin, oh please, by all means, indulge.
- Go easy when giving into your cravings. I still love donuts and chocolates but in moderation.
- Always always, always listen to your body.
- Eat enough Salmon & Walnuts. Get some Canola Oil, and Flax Seed. You see, these contain fatty acids which are essential for healthy skin (they make the skin look soft and supple).
- detoxify your body. Green tea, yep!
- Invest in healthy oils. Lubricate your skin with good quality oils for that overall healthy skin tone. Cold pressed or extra virgin ones are highly recommended.
I’m here if you have questions, and remember, “You are what you eat” is not just a legion of words.