Epsom Body Scrub and Rock Salt (with Lavender and Sweet Orange EO) – Homemade Recipe
“Butterflies come to pretty flowers”– Korean (on beauty) Has anyone tried a homemade Epsom Body Scrub using Lavender? I’d want to know how you did yours.
I haven’t been able to do any type of writing for a hot minute…. I’ve missed everyone on here
I ran out of body scrubs the other day as I always always exfoliate and I love making body scrubs especially using Dead Sea Salts + Essential Oil & a Carrier Oil because… it’s so beneficial to my skin. I get to choose what carrier oil to use with my preferred Essential Oil with the preferred quantity and a little mix of Sandalwood powder.. It’s fun!!!
Why Epsom Salts?
These mineral compounds, found in Surrey, England, is not the same as Dead Sea Salts found in the Middle East (which I love so much, by the way).
Epsom Salt takes its name “from a bitter saline spring in Epsom in Surrey, England, where the salt was produced from the springs that arise where the porous chalk of the North Downs meets non-porous London clay”– Source
Benefits of Epsom Salts
If you do not already have Epsom Salts in your home, I highly recommend you do. You can buy a little and then grow your stash. Epsom Salts has numerous benefits for your body and face. I’ll mention a few-
- It is mighty relaxing – in theory, Epsom salt helps relax the body & loosen stiff muscles. A handful of Epsom salt can greatly exfoliate your skin and remove dead skin to your delight
- Bye bye Acne, because Epsom Salts has the ability to exfoliate the skin and remove oil on the outside. With the dead skin out, the pores can breathe.
- Oh Callused feet- it’s well known that the lethal combination of Epsom Salt & Tea Tree oil combats callused feet like no other. All you need is some Epsom salt, lukewarm water and your feet in that mixture. (Hey! Put three drops of tea tree oil in there for maximum benefits).
- Get your feet baby skin soft. A handful of Epsom salt to the heel of your feet already soaked in like warm water for a few minutes can do the trick too I’m all for the fancy spa treatment to pamper the skin HOWEVER, get a mixture of Epsom salt + your favorite shower gel to your feet, elbows, knees and you’d get the rough skin all smooth in no time. Just be consistent.
- Epsom Salt is not to be confused as Dead Sea salt. Both are highly beneficial in their own capacities. They are Magnesium sulfate therefore, highly recommended for relieving skin conditions & Arthritis.
- It helps in insomnia too. Usually when I’m up at night and I have not had a decent soak of Epsom salt, I simply put some in spray bottle with water. A little spritz on my feet and the vampire life is over for the day.
- Common concerns of dry itchy skin? Say no more. As this is not restricted to age, Epsom salts can improve the texture of dry itchy skin with consistent salt baths. Ensure to rinse your body thoroughly after salt baths. It is not a leave-in skin conditioner.
P.s- Be careful not to get your wet hands into the jar or water at all. Once water gets into the mixture, you run the risk of introducing bacteria into it. As you know, there are no preservatives, except you intend to use it up at once, then by all means, water can get it there.
Make one for a friend too and share what you think. How do you make yours, by the way?
And…voila!!!!!!!! You’ve got your Lavender Epsom scrub. How easy is this on a scale of 1-easy?
A handful of Epsom body scrub to the body- Instant glow!
How do you make your Epsom Body Scrub?