Homemade recipe DIY Microdermabrasion
It again, is that time of the year, for the most parts, pre Winter. What time is the best time to prep the skin, if it isn’t now, or summertime?
The reality that comes with the seasons and seasonal changes can be brutal on the skin. Sun burns sometimes, crazy elements, dry and flaking skin- to name a few.
It is always a constant struggle to maintain a great and glowing skin you love. From the Vampy lifestyle due to the sun, to the rudeness of the cold winds and snow, how best would you protect your skin for all season?
Luckily, this is not about global warming or tips on keeping warm in the Winter season (You’ve got your coats, fur and boots with leather gloves and cashmere scarves, let’s not go there).
DIY Microdermabrasion- Homemade Recipe
With the cost of Microdermabrasion at the Dermatologist’s sky rocketing everyday and the impact/ effect of each procedure, almost immediate, it is no news that exfoliation is essential for every skin care regimen.
The wonders of exfoliation and its results on the skin, when done properly, is yet to be recorded as the 8th wonder of the world. Think of DIY Microdermabrasion, same difference.
With my skin visibly clearer and brighter, I am happy to share Homemade DIY Microdermabrasion recipe for those “stay home” days where you really cannot be bothered.
This is effective in the removal of dead skin cells from the skin. Facial exfoliation (manual) should be milder than body exfoliation.
– Your favourite facial scrub
– 1 sized bowl -Lavender (crushed)/ 1 drop of Lavender Essential oil
– 1/2 spoon -Baking soda
– 1 Tbs – Honey (Organic)
Method of Preparation
- Remove dirt/ clean skin surface -It is imperative to wash your face before applying your special recipe. I always recommend using luke-warm water. Luke warm water is recommended because it opens up the pores of the skin. (When bathing, I use warm warm water before scrubbing my skin)
2. Apply your special recipe – a mix of baking soda, facial cleanser (if honey isn’t grainy enough), organic honey and Lavender on your face, rubbing in small circles.
- Baking soda is alkaline in nature and the skin /human skin is acidic in nature with a PH level of 5.5 (for normal skin). Baking soda is also a neutraliser and multi purpose ingredient.
- Honey is a natural exfoliant. The more grainy in property, the less amount is required. Facial skin is sensitive and soft, therefore mild exfoliation is required to prevent scarring and sagging of skin.
- Lavender is known for its calming properties. As an essential oil, it must be used with a carrier oil. However, it is recommended to use only one drop as no carrier oils are included in this recipe. I use three drops. If you must exceed one drop, please do a patch test.
3. Rinse throughly in warm water
*Enjoy how this recipe rejuvenated your skin. You don’t always need the summer season to show off your radiant skin. Let it bring the warmth in the Winter through its radiance. You wouldn’t need a lot of makeup.
Make one for your friends and/or invite them over for a DIY spa date and be sure to glow together ?